11 February 2010

Shooting video

I don't know why I want to do it, but I do.  Because I don't want to spend money on things like camera mounts until I know for sure this is something I will be doing on a regular basis, I chose to make my own.  I did a version of the $5 camera mount.

I added an extension and moved it from the handlebar to the rear passenger peg bracket:



For the test, I used my oldest camera that was on it's last legs in case of disaster.  Here's the video:


PVC Camera Mount Test 2


I've since "upgraded" to a smaller camera but the weather and theWolf have been defeating any efforts to attempt to make another video.   I'm hoping to get a chance this weekend on a ride.  We'll see.  I did do one in Mom's car:


Chinese Mini DV Cam Test

The quality isn't bad.  The little camera doesn't have a tripod spot and to buy one would cost more than I paid for the camera, so I'll have to make something bike-specific for it.  I may even be able to use it inside my helmet.  Maybe I'll be a movie maker yet.

Having this little guy will help when I take the "Taming theWolf:  Definitely Indefinite Tour".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

FeedCount