25 November 2011

I missed it!

Our four year anniversary.

Somehow I let the day pass without noticing it!  I'm truly ashamed of myself.  However I think I've made amends.

Way back in August 2007, I bought my second motorcycle.
Taken the Tuesday after I got him when I put new tires on.
I got him from WOW in Marietta based on my experience with them when I bought my first motorcycle.  He only had 8,008 miles on him and was all stock.  Just a baby really, but that's not how he got his name.


Not long after I got him, every time I rode him I kept thinking of the character Ayla from the Earth's Children Series and how she must have felt when she rode her lion, Baby.  Every time I passed him in the garage, I'd think "I'll find a name for you Baby."  But Baby was all I could think of when I thought about him so Baby he was.

To be fair, I didn't ride him that much the first couple of years I owned him.  Those years are in the fog that was my recovery from the brain flare I had in the spring of 2005.  I mostly rode him to the doctors offices and around town.  I did a little riding with a local m/c club called GGMC.  But mostly it was peace of mind just having him in the garage.  It took me two years to put another 8,008 miles on him.

By the end of 2009, I was itching to ride more and willing to do whatever it took to do it.  I was so desperate, I agreed to ride with this new guy on the forum.  All I knew about him was that he was a hooligan who liked to brag about doing wheelies.
Nov 2009, first ride with Cruzman
Then theWolfTamer was born!  It only took me two years to conjure the perfect screen name, until then I'd gone by my middle name on all the forums, Denise.  So at the end of 09, I started this blog to share my heated clothing project and rides and other stuff.

That spring, the Mod bug bit.  Baby slowly began to change.  Before then, I'd only added frame sliders, an alarm, and gotten a new tank and tail bag to fit the new bike.  After a year of listening to TopWop1 and eFnjustride tell me the bike was too quiet, I gave in.

Early spring 2010.  Baby had 23k miles by the time I did this first "performance" mod.
It was a slow transformation.  All the while the miles steadily climbed.
Dec 2010.  He had nearly 29k miles.
We've been through a lot in our 4 years.  He nursed me back to health then I did the same for him.
Baby and Stella get together.  Baby only had 29.6K miles.
It's been a long year with a lot of stuff happening and that may be why I didn't realize it when the 4 year anniversary came and went.  Baby didn't mention it either.  Maybe it was getting him the Multiguage for our anniversary that quieted him, or that he misses TheMomma as much as I do.  Either way, I think I've made up for it.
Baby at 37.7k miles
Thanks for reading,
patrice, theWolfTamer

Baby can do it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

FeedCount