14 November 2012

Ride Analysis: .GPX Data

Here's some stuff I forgot to put in the last ride report.  Most of the time I run my gps so that it will make tracks during the ride so I'll know how far and where we've gone.  I have been using the website gpsanalyzer but this time I downloaded GPSPrune from the Ubuntu Software Center.

First up, the actual route (minus some spots where my gps turned off):

You can select all the points and get a summary.
My trip meter said 434.  I'm guessing the missing points affect the distance part.  For this ride, I bought gas 3 times consuming approximately 9.79 gallons during the ride getting 44.3 mpg on the day.

GPSPrune displays charts too.  

It's a neat program.  I used it to clean up the track and link the images to points along the way.  I'm not sure what to do with a gpx file that has images linked yet but I think next up may be putting this data over video or something.

Thanks for reading,
patrice, theWolfTamer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

FeedCount